Saturday 3 January 2009

Baking, Bluewater Bargins and a Big Step......






Well, havn't I been busy........had a couple of social do's that required cakies so make a batch of toffee ginger cupcakes with fudgy icing - always go down a treat - along with some irrisistable rocky road. All went down very well, but sadly no more for me - see end of post!

(Not sure if the pictures are all coming out in the right order - just a load of mumbojumbo coding at the mo!)

Well, I have finally made it to the Bluewater Shopping centre - just of the M25 and about 1 1/2 hours away from where I live. I'm embarrased to say that I had never been into a John Lewis before - how fab is that shop?!! Grabbed a few little bargains and just had to have that bag even though it was not in the sale. The tray and little mirror were from Laura Ashley, both half price, and the fabby shoes for my littlest were only £4 - she is absolutely delighted with them, bless her.

Oh, and the Big Step - joined Slimming World today! It all seems very confusing with red days, green days, mixed days blah blah blah, but I think I will get it quite quickly........just the thought of the beach in Crete again in the summer made me do something about it....wish me luck!

7 comments:

Jenny's fabric days said...

I was right - the photos all came out together without the text in between - will try harder next time!!

MelMel said...

Hi Jenny!

Lovely bargains!
The bag is so cute!

Well done on joining Slimming world, worked for me....5 stone loss, if it had not been for them i would have struggled.....forever....however i do think your lovely anyway, but i know how it feels to need to do something positive.....big hug!

xxxxx

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

John Lewis is heaven I love it :-) those little shoes are so cute but love the cakes !! I did Slimming World like Mel as well - started it in January this year and lost 3 stone in 4 months so was really pleased - some sneaked back on so back on it from Monday !! good luck! Lx

Claire said...

Well done on your piccies, they look great! I always add my pics first then click in between each of them to blog, hope this helps!
Lovely bargains, I want the shoes, even if they are little ones....lol.....Claire xx
PS good luck with your Slimming World Adventure...xx

MelMel said...

I'm so pleased for you both....I'm sure sophie will make the most of her time in there....:>)

It soon clicks, I'll have a look when i come over...:>)

What time will it be ok to pop in, after teatime?
Don't want to mess up the childrens routine.....xxxx

Lace hearts said...

Hiya, thanks for visiting my blog - they would work as pictures, as well. I just love them. I'll try stretching them first!
I love your finds. I've had my eye on the LA tray for some time, but keep talking myself out of spending more money! It's gorgeous. And I bet your daughter was thrilled with the shoes.
Good luck with Slimming World! x

No one is you ...& that's your power said...

Hi Thanks for dropping by my blog and saying hi!. We are close both in east sussex !. We will be able to compare notes so to speak.
Your work sounds most enjoyable.
Thats cool that melmel & olly are visiting and how lovely too that you two get together.
A farmers wife too that sounds like you are a very busy lady.
Thanks for dropping in and will catch up again soon. I meant to publish your comment and think I hit the delete button instead, not quite sure how. But luckily I remembered just about!
x Dominique
have a fab time catching up x