Wednesday 31 December 2008

A BIG HELLO - and a Happy New Year

Well hello my "friends" - I feel I know quite a bit about quite a few of you already as I follow Mel's blog on a daily basis, and often wander off well into Blogland!! I'm obviously very new to this and not sure if I can cope with photos yet, but I'm sure that will come....!

As it is New Year's Eve I thought I would list my 2008 highlights - it does us no harm to remember good times and be thankful - what about yours?


JANUARY
The opening of my new curtain workshop in a converted oast - no more fabric or work at home - the first time for 10 years!

FEBRUARY
Voted in as a Parent Governor at the kids Primary School

MARCH
Hearing that eldest got into the Secondary School of our choice, along with her friend.

APRIL
Staying for 2 nights aboard HMS Belfast with the Guides as a helper, on the Thames in the middle of London - almost under Tower Bridge!

15th Wedding Anniversary

MAY
Mel and Olly came down for the weekend to meet us and my sis-in-law for the first time. Spent 1 very sunnt day in Brighton and the other National Trusting.

JUNE
Induction evening at Secondary School - new uniform - for the best school in the county - so exciting for her and us!

JULY
Celebrations for both of my parents' 60th Birthdays

Eldest left Primary school - highly emotional! Youngest left pre-school - again, highly emotional. Needed a holiday to get over it - our first 2 week foreign holiday with the kids ever - fabulous Crete.

AUGUST
My brother and sis-in-law got married! Eldest and youngest were bridesmaids and middle man was an usher - all with a suntan - fantastic!!

SEPTEMBER
Eldest off to Secondary, Youngest off to Primary and middle man into KS2 - a landmark year

OCTOBER
Despite threats of recession, the busiest time for me - ever!

Up to Manchester for a couple of days with eldest to catch up with the fab Mel and Olly. Their home really is as pretty as in all the blog photos!

NOVEMBER
My Birthday! Other Half gave me an electric blanket - I was so chuffed with it - must be hitting middle age (38)!!!

DECEMBER
So busy my feet hardly touch the ground, but just about get all the work out and plans in place for Jan & Feb (my curtain fitter is off to NZ for 7 weeks - yikes!). Had a lovely Christmas and TIME OFF at home, which sadly gets neglected thoughout the year!

I'm hoping that my highlights give a little glimpse into my hecticness - more to follow, with photos when I have caught the blog habit of taking a camera with me every where I go!!

Thanks for reading and please leave you own highlights......Bye for now xx




7 comments:

MelMel said...

Happy New Year Jenny, may this coming year be as amazing as the one just about to pass!

Love to you all....see you next week!xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

Hello Jenny lovely to "meet" you :-) Mel has mentioned you and am glad you have joined blogland!!! Will check back soon :-)
Happy new year !
Lesley x

saraeden said...

Hi here just found your blog and wanted to say hello and Happy New Year !!!

Sara x

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

just laughed at your comment when i looked at the pirate ship pic again with its "crochet" sail LOL
as you can see i am totally rubbish at photography and never look to check whats around or in the background!! LOL - maybe something to try and improve in 2009!
Lesley x

MelMel said...

Hi there, how are you today?
xx

Claire said...

Hi Jenny, welcome to blogging, I've reached you via Mel Mel, she's lovely isnt she? Looking forward to reading your blog and thanks for the quick update on your year....Claire x

Lace hearts said...

Happy New Year, and welcome to blogging! I loved your rundown of the year - very impressed at the sound of two nights with the guides on HMS Belfast. My eldest started secondary in September - doesn't time fly! What a landmark that was. x